Thursday, July 13, 2006

Michaela and me

So my Pilates instructor is chatting away about the various shortcomings of life in South Africa as she painfully stretches my hammies, glutes and other innocent bits of string that hold me together. "I have this client Michaela who's a TV presenter and she says she loves it, but ---"

"Hang on, you mean Michaela Strachan?" I say, forgetting my pain.

"Yes, I didn't know she was anyone well known till I told my husband and he said she's FAMOUS," Justine giggles. "Elephant Diaries hadn't started by then. And you know what she told me?
She's allergic to elephants!"

Sadly, I'm not likely to meet Michaela because she goes to the posh Constantia studio and I go to the one near my house.

Justine has also stretched the glutes of Rutger Hauer, who she says is a really nice guy, and done some neck work on an actress (not famous)I saw in a play the other evening. I ought to pump her for blog fuel, but it isn't easy when you're crunching your abs.

Still, Pilates does bring you into contact with a better class of fitness fanatic.

3 Comments:

Blogger FirstNations said...

hobnobbing with the glitterati; the mad, mad whirl of society as viewed through the sweaty windows of the exercise parlour.
i can touch my toes...

4:35 pm  
Blogger Spinsterella said...

I have also met Michaela Strachan.

In the jungle in Borneo. She was filming for the Really Wild Show.

It is the second most exciting thing that has ever happened to me (after meeting David Hasselhoff, obviously).

8:30 pm  
Blogger DavetheF said...

FN, in fact the studio is a big airy room in a house high on the mountain with a wonderful sea view. We have a cool way of doing everything here ...
Justine is my "personal" trainer BTW.

Spin, I'm very impressed. What were you doing in the jungles of Borneo? Hunting for blood orchids?

6:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home