Monday, February 27, 2006

Lost and found

Thanks to power cuts and my fumbling efforts to get this blog off the ground last week, I managed to miss the first episode of the new season of Lost. But it's no loss. TWOP's recap brought me fully up to date while making me laugh like a drain. I'm very concerned about Walt, though.

Commenters, if any, are asked to avoid letting spoilers slip. Last season we were way ahead of UK viewers, but for some reason the new series has been long delayed. And Hysteria Lane has yet to hove into view. I'll just have to overcome my phobia about medical dramas and watch House instead. I haven't checked out Weeds yet either.

Having just returned via rush hour traffic from a fullblown gum operation at the orthodontist, I am feeling somewhat ragged, with a mouthful of stitches and apparently no bottom jaw. The dentist has a TV in the ceiling, so I was forced to watch E! Entertainment Television while he rummaged about unspeakably in my mouth, which constituted cruel and unusual punishment. I was scarcely in a position to complain, however.

So it's a nice invalidish evening, with a good excuse to watch my new DVD of David Cronenberg's repulsive but enjoyable
Videodrome. "Long live the new flesh!" Indeed, I could do with some.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fear not, Dave, we haven't actually started Lost season 2 yet (though I have read the start of the TWOP recap for episode one. I too laughed more than was seemly).

We are about 8 episodes into Desperate Housewives 2 though, and I'm sorry to report it's not quite the lure it once was..

9:06 pm  
Blogger DavetheF said...

So I'll have to avoid spoilers instead. You know, I had a notion that Desperate Housewives would be a short-lived pleasure. I do fancy that Teri Hatcher though. The older guy's hottie ...

9:13 pm  
Blogger Urban Chick said...

yes, i'm tiring of DH a bit, but weeds is good...deliciously dark humour

3:22 pm  
Blogger FirstNations said...

dang. 'Videodrome'. when in doubt, return to the classics.
now, 'Videodrome' after extensive oral surgery? i fear for your immortal soul, sir.

7:16 pm  
Blogger DavetheF said...

Urban Chick: I do want to catch 'Weeds', but it's put on after my bedtime (I rise for work at 5.15am, groan!). I've got out of the habit of taping and haven't got one of those set-top box things yet. Have to fire up the old VCR.

First Nations: I wimped out and read in bed instead.

8:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home