Saturday, March 11, 2006

My blog, she is dead

Well, with the best of intentions, bent on an improved product, I have been running around Cape Town today taking photographs of archaic features and details that link the city with its past, so as to feed my new hobby, Flickr. It's been instructive. Up to now I have mostly photographed landscapes and candid portraits using available light. This exercise with my little Pentax Optio forced me to act as a recorder and not a creator, eliminating my main talent, composition, and demanding the kind of painstaking discipline you see CSI photographers using to snap corpses. Very appropriate. Still, it reconnected me with the city in a way I haven't experienced it since I first moved here. Everything had to be looked at afresh.

So anyway ... I rush home, download my wad of pix into Picasa, edit everything, eliminate all but the best, upload to Flickr, I'm cooking, really getting on top of this blogging thing ... only I'm not. Having added Flickr badge code to my template, I find my blog lifeless, unresponsive. The preview with the pulsing picture frame was fiction. There is no pulse ... after republishing about a hundred times, I go back to posting, in the hope that at least that bit of my blog's corpus is still clinging to life. And here goes ...

Update Saturday: "My baby -- it's a miracle!" (Faints).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! Glad it worked out at last - and such lovely photos too. Well worth all the effort.

2:15 pm  
Blogger DavetheF said...

It's thanks to you, Pash, and thank you too for the kind words about my pix. I have a few more to go, but wanted enough so the badge didn't have the whole lot on in one go. I am intrigued that Cape Town hotel ads have been stuck on my page. Hmm -- shouldn't I get a piece of that?

5:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cape Town hotel ads? Where? You most certainly should have a piece of that if they're on the blog (but I'm not an expert with this Google Ads stuff by any stretch of the imagination)

1:13 am  
Blogger Urban Chick said...

yes, great photos

i could just do with living somewhere warm...except i'm about to move further north...um??!!

2:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home