Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Thar she blows

It's been a long time between blogs, and I don't have a decent excuse. I've been wondering if I'm not just temperamentally unsuited to running an actual blog. I enjoy contributing comments to other people's blogs, but for me as a writer, blogging feels uncannily like exposing the process to readers: the little man behind the curtains furiously tugging on strings. Or perhaps it's simpler: I don't have all that interesting a life.

I could mention that the whales have arrived in force, breaching and blowing, basking, making thunderous love. Trails of sand track the inshore area, now a busy labour ward as the midwives close in and the big males circle to keep off predators while the calf is born -- great whites are multiplying in this area, and they are very hungry. But I haven't managed to get one usable picture. So that's a bit of a crock.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the Vapours. I may just post on the odd occasion when life actually happens. Or not. I'll probably still hang around other folks' campfires. See you around.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wyndham said...

You enjoyed posting that, didn't you Dave?

10:59 am  
Blogger hendrix said...

"I don't have all that interesting a life".

and the rest of us do?

12:39 pm  
Blogger DavetheF said...

I must apologise for the multiple posting, and no, I didn't do it on purpose. It's bloody Blogger. I tried a few times (obviously) to publish this post last night but Blogger just hung there. Since I didn't get any "published" message, I'm baffled.

This tends to reinforce my current ennui.

8:01 pm  
Blogger cinnamon gurl said...

Hee hee: Bloody Blogger.

Delurking to say that I enjoy your blog and wish you would post more. I like reading about what's going on in SA as I have many inlaws there and I really loved my visit there in 2005.

You actually write a lot like my father-in-law.

12:21 am  
Blogger DavetheF said...

Hi Kate
Your father-in-law is obviously an accomplished writer of taste and discernment. I would like to post more, but see gripe above. Hope you make another trip.

8:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home