Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Come, my coach

There won't be much, if any blogging in these parts for the next 10 days or so -- I am jetting out of here for London and a much-needed holiday. I shall be seeing some of my fellow bloggers and am agog to see the real persona behind the mask, so to speak. Of course, as I'm leaving, the cold weather has vanished and glorious Indian summer is back. Still, I hear London is steaming a bit.

Any ideas for interesting stuff to do? I am going on a few "dates" (ahem) while in the Smoke, and apart from the theatre, which is sorted, don't have a lot of ideas (the Tate is a must, though).






5 Comments:

Blogger FirstNations said...

Actually, yes I do.
I would sell a kidney to see this exhibit at the Victoria and Albert museum. Maybe even a lung. Quinquireme and Archaeology of the Future saw it and mentioned it in recent posts

http://www.vam.ac.uk/

4:20 am  
Blogger patroclus said...

Ooh, yes, the Modernism exhibition is superb. Not sure if it's so good as to warrant the surrender of a vital organ, but still excellent. Tim F in Bangkok is also plugging the Surrealism exhibition at the Hayward Gallery, might have to pay that a visit as well...

9:49 am  
Blogger Spinsterella said...

THE SUN IS SHINING!

Sorry. Bit carried away. Just, we haven't seen the sun since, oh, August last year. GOood timing.

London's always particularly lovely in the sunshine.

2:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Modernism is definitely the "must see" of the summer, though personally I shall also be making time for Americans in Paris at the National Gallery and Icons and Idols next door at the NPG. I love a bit of celebrity portraiture, me.

You might be here by now, in fact. Enjoy the sunshine, it's going to rain tomorrow apparently...

11:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also: "the real persona behind the mask"? Eek.

11:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home